Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ALV Layout Variant problem

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have an ALV report that has the option to select the layout variant on the select options screen. If I leave the variant blank the report has the SUM button available when displayed. If I change the layout by selecting a variant, the SUM button stays visible. If, however, I run the report and select a layout variant on the select options screen, when the report is displayed, the SUM button is NOT displayed. Why would this be happening?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

When a layout is saved ,in the popup window that is displayed,check the 2nd tab "Save with:.This contains checkboxes for "sort order" and "subtotals".If these are not checked then the "SUM" button will not be displayed.

2 REPLIES 2

dani_mn
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

HI,

Check if there is amount field in this variant, because sum button displayed, when there is an amount field in alv display.

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

When a layout is saved ,in the popup window that is displayed,check the 2nd tab "Save with:.This contains checkboxes for "sort order" and "subtotals".If these are not checked then the "SUM" button will not be displayed.