Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ALV Grid using object oriented technique

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

I need to display a ALV grid using object oriented technique. I am facing 2 problems -

1. There is a currency field of type WRBTR. The column heading for this field is getting right justified, I want the column heading to be left justified and the actual content to be right justified.

2. The report is giving an output when run directly, but when scheduled in background, the job is getting cancelled saying 'Control Framework: Fatal error - GUI cannot be reached'.

Please suggest what should be done to avoid this?

Thanks

Indrajit.

2 REPLIES 2

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Indrajit,

1. I don't think there is option to align column heading. But i am not sure.

2. If you also want to run the ALV program in background mode then don't create the ALV container(any container e.g custom container, docking container, HTML container etc )

The reason for this is, container is set on a screen and there will not be any screen in background processing.

for e.g.,

• Create ALV container only in foreground processing

DATA:

lo_alvdock TYPE REF TO cl_gui_docking_container.

IF sy-batch IS INITIAL.

CREATE OBJECT lo_alvdock

EXPORTING repid = lv_repid

dynnr = lv_dynnr

side = lo_alvdock->dock_at_left

extension = 3000.

ENDIF.

Regards

Kesava

Message was edited by: Kesava

Kesava Chandra Rao

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Could anyone suggest a workaround for this? The requirement is to have a container, split it into 2 parts - display the header info in one part and item info in other part. The report can be executed in both foreground and background.

Thanks

Indrajit.