Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ALV Grid Field Changes

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

I am using the Function 'REUSE_ALV_GRID_DISPLAY' and need to allow users to change only a few fields within the grid. All other fields will be display only. Is there a way to do this through the slis_layout_alv or is there something else I should be using? Thanks for your help in advance.

John

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

Thanks for the replies. Setting the Edit to 'X' will allow me to change fields, however I do not want to allow the user to change all the fields in the grid. For instance, if the grid displays 5 columns, the user can only view the first two columns and change the last 3 columns. Any suggestions?

John

7 REPLIES 7

Former Member
0 Kudos

Use edit = 'X'

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

You can set the input/output property using the field EDIT of catalog.

Max

Former Member
0 Kudos

In the field catlog you have field called INPUT.

make that field as 'X'.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

Thanks for the replies. Setting the Edit to 'X' will allow me to change fields, however I do not want to allow the user to change all the fields in the grid. For instance, if the grid displays 5 columns, the user can only view the first two columns and change the last 3 columns. Any suggestions?

John

0 Kudos

EDIT is a setting at a field level only. So in the field catalog set this value only for the internal table fields that you want INPUT enabled.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks all. It is working correctly now.

John

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jonh, l am using the same ALV with some fields on EDIT. l have to DBL CLICK on one of these fields to take changes into my internal table. My question is: How can l be sure that the changes are taken into the internal table without DBL CLIKING, witch event could do the lob ?

Robert