Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ALV Grid and Excel view

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I'm searching anywhere on this forum for a solution but up to now I did only partial progress.

I've already seen dozens of sap notes about this problem.

When I pressed "view in Microsoft Excel" (code &VEXCEL) on an ALV grid list, a popup appeared noticing that no template was found. Looking around on this forum I managed to discover how to load these templates from local (BC_ALVEXCEL_SAP_TEMPL, BCALV_BDS_MAINTENANCE) or from client 000 (BCALV_BDS_IMPORT_SAP_TEMPLATE).

Anyway, I managed to restore the templates on the system, but excel view still doesn't work:

wheh I press the button now I only see a blank screen in place of the excel; if excel was already open (not in sap), then an excel view is actually shown, but the sheet is empty, no data in it.

Any hints?

thank you

4 REPLIES 4

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Just open Excel, then Goto Menu -> Tools -> Options -> Security Tab -> Macro Security ->Set Medium and in Trusted publisher tab select the checkbox Trust Access to Visual Basic Project Now Press Ok.

This will solve your problem.

Regards

Karthik D

0 Kudos

Thank you. This solved the problem in the "excel already open" scenario. If excel was not running, sap shows a blank space where should be an excel sheet. Can you think of a possible reason?

thanks

0 Kudos

Hi,

In your alv output screen, select Change Layout -> View Tab -> Prefered View -> Select Microsoft excel and Make sap_om.xls as default. Now press ok and check.

Regards

Karthik D

0 Kudos

Thank you. Unfortunately it didn't solve my problem but I start to think this last problem may depend on my machine configuration.

One more thing, it seems SAP can't save the default template. I already tried what you said in the last post, it puts a green "checked" icon on the default template row, but when you restart the transaction the icon is gone and again there's no default template...