Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ALE setup question regarding partner profile

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello all,

I am attempting to set up the ALE layer to push GL master changes from QAC to DEV.

Should the partner profile be created in transaction WE20, or WE24/WE27?

In development, what should the Partner Profile inbound and outbound parameters be? The following is what I thought they should be.

Partner number "DEV_200"

Inbound parameters:

Partner Function ="LS"

Message Type = "GLMAST"

Outbound parameters, left blank

Partner number "QAC_100"

Inbound parameters, left blank

Outbound parameters:

Partner Function ="LS"

Message Type = "GLMAST"

Do I need the message type SYNCH in either the inbound or the outbound parameters? If I do, what partner function is associated with message type SYNCH.

What ever settings I use in development for partner number inbound/outbound parameters , I expect that in QAC the settings will be reversed. Do you agree with the previous sentence?

I am finding these questions quite confusing. SAP documentation, and other documentation I found when searching the Internet, didn't answer these questions. Or, they answered them in such a way that I did not understand the answer. One of the documents I was looking at was labeled "The advanced guide to implementing SAP R/3's Application Link Enabling (ALE)" and I found this document on SDN.

Thanks

Bruce

Message was edited by: Bruce Tjosvold

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Bruce,

You are on right track with regard to inbound and outbound parameters. But this will be generated by SAP including the ones for message type SYNCH from Cutomer Distribution Model. After setting up the Logical systems and assigning clients to the LS, you should setup Distrbution Model (BD64). From Disctribution Model screen, you can generate Partner profiles. You may validate and edit the same using WE20.

Thanks,

Venu

3 REPLIES 3

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Bruce

The settings that you have done seems to be alright.

---><b>In development, what should the Partner Profile inbound and outbound parameters be?</b>

Ans It will be Inbound..Also you need to mention the Process code for the Message TypeIn Your case it should be <b>GLMA</b>.

Also since your Partner is LS TypeYou need to define the Distribution Model(BD64)...

When you are done with this...After that just check if the Change pointer is activated for this message type...This you can do from

IMG SALE->Modelling and Implementing Budiness Process>Master data distribution>Replication of Modified data>Activate change pointers of Message Type..

Once You are done with this...Now When you have made any GL Master change..

Go to SE38 and Run this Report programm RBDMIDOC

It will generate IDOC..fro the message types with change pointers.

Also Check out these links..It will be helpful to you...

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_erp2005/helpdata/en/52/248d02890311d2b464006094b9c9b4/frameset.htm

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_erp2005/helpdata/en/12/83e03c19758e71e10000000a114084/frameset.htm

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_erp2005/helpdata/en/ba/c9c1c31253ed4596e3bbb74922cd4a/frameset.htm

Hope it solve your problem...Otherwise do revert back..

Cheers:)

Mithlesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Bruce,

You are on right track with regard to inbound and outbound parameters. But this will be generated by SAP including the ones for message type SYNCH from Cutomer Distribution Model. After setting up the Logical systems and assigning clients to the LS, you should setup Distrbution Model (BD64). From Disctribution Model screen, you can generate Partner profiles. You may validate and edit the same using WE20.

Thanks,

Venu

0 Kudos

Mithlesh / Venu,

Thank you for your responses. I'm not sure why this was a problem but, changing the partner function from "LS" to space solved my problem.

Bruce