Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ALE HR Data transfer not working

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am trying to do a PFAL for message type HRMD_ABA.

If I run without specifying anything, that is run for all infotypes as defined in the distribution model,

then in the target system, most the the infotypes fail.

but if I specify an Object type and an object ID, and run one by one, it is successful.

What can be the possible cause?

It is not possible to run one by one for every object.

Any clues please?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ok, first we need to understand what error that your are getting in the target system while you post the IDOC.

One thing I will like to suggest that you need to move the data in order

i.e. say Org Unit First then > Jobs > Positions > Pernr

because in order to create pernr other prerequired data should be there in system

Let me know further if this helps...so that I can give clues further

Regards

Shital

10 REPLIES 10

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ok, first we need to understand what error that your are getting in the target system while you post the IDOC.

One thing I will like to suggest that you need to move the data in order

i.e. say Org Unit First then > Jobs > Positions > Pernr

because in order to create pernr other prerequired data should be there in system

Let me know further if this helps...so that I can give clues further

Regards

Shital

0 Kudos

I tried with OTYPE = 'O'. But only a few records go. All else fail.

Surprisingly, if i send O one by one by specify OBJID also, it works.

HRP1000 is all okay.

Error in creating relationships only.

0 Kudos

Shweta,

I also remember we applied some SAP Note at receiver side to take care of this relationship Issues. But I quite dont remember the Note.

Please try finding it out.

www.service.sap.com

Regards

Shital

0 Kudos

Okay. Let me search.

But I am new to ALE. Can you tell me one more thing?

When I just run PFAL without specifying anything (only message type), as I said, it fails in target system.

Now various segments are generated. There are more than 8000 error records. Any transaction to know what is the error in a particular segment no? For eg, I know my segment no 5 failed. It had 4 records in it. I want to know what was the error in there?

Also, if a segment as 4 records like this: HRP1001 relationship A002, A003, A004, A005.

Now out of this, I know A004 will fail. But because of this, the entire segment will fail or what? Or A002, 3 and 5 should still be successful?

Any way I can just post the data of this failed segment again?

Thanks in adv.

0 Kudos

Couple of things to take care while running PFAL for the first time data transfer:

1) Run PFAL in Insert Mode (radio button on selection screen), this is important.

2) Number of objects per process, You can reduce the default count to say 50, I think it says how many Objects to send so it will definately reduce the segment count in the IDOC.

Regards

Shital

0 Kudos

Okay. Noted.

But any clues to the following questions:

Any transaction to know what is the error in a particular segment no? For eg, I know my segment no 5 failed. It had 4 records in it. I want to know what was the error in there?

Also, if a segment as 4 records like this: HRP1001 relationship A002, A003, A004, A005.

Now out of this, I know A004 will fail. But because of this, the entire segment will fail or what? Or A002, 3 and 5 should still be successful?

Any way I can just post the data of this failed segment again?

0 Kudos

I am not aware of any transactions as such but you can always check how the data is loaded into system for that particular Object.

If the IDOC says its partially failed then it means thats obviously some data is already uploaded.

Regards

Shital

0 Kudos

Hi Shweta,

As per my knowledge there is no transaction to find out error in particular segment. The HR data is dependent on other data, So we need to take care of order in which data should be sent.

While sending data through PFAL, Please follow the below procedure:

HR IDocs failing in 52 status, needs to be resent until it is posted.

Normally the order for sending Objects is O,S,P,C, CP

Select the Idocs, goto to table EDIDS and collect only the STPA2 & STPA1 parameters.

First all the Units under the STPA2 should be resent in the order of O,S,P,C, CP

once posted, proceed with the STPA1 parameters.

If at any point of time the STAPA2 Parameters of O,S,P & C fail then should be resent again before resending STPA1 parameters.

Continue the steps till all the parameters are posted.

Regards

Vinod

0 Kudos

Okay. THanks Vinod.

You said we need to 'resend' the data. Any transaction for sending only failed data again?

0 Kudos

Hi Shweta,

First you will resend the data in order of O,S,P,C,CP for STAP2 and then STAP1 ( i expect you would be doing it by creating Variants by entering data through transaction PFAL and scheduling a background job for all the variants).

After that trace the idocs for that job through BD87 by giving start time and end time of job in sending system, from there you will find corresponding inbound idocs and thier status.

Now send only data of failed idocs or partially posted idocs (status 51 or 52) by following same procedure( collect the data of failed idocs through table EDIDS) through transaction PFAL only, you need not send all the data again. There is no seperate transaction, but you will be using same transaction for sending failed data again.

Note only 52 status data can be posted sucessfully by sending again and again, for 51 status idocs first you need to correct data then send.

Please let me know if am not clear on any point.

Regards

Vinod