Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AL11 transaction to execute in background

Madhurivs23
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I got a requirement where I need to check if the application directory is accessible before running one which accesses the application directory.

How can I check if application directory is accessible or not?

One option I was thinking is to test one of the directory is accessible OR

execute the AL11 Tcode program RSWATCH0 in background using submit program and check if can read all the directories in application server in the table gt_outtab.

What would be the best approach or is there any function module available which I can use?

thanks

Madhuri

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Tomas_Buryanek
Active Contributor

I think easiest way would be to try OPEN DATASET FOR OUTPUT and try TRANSFER some dummy character/s into new file (which you can later delete).

Don't forget TRY. CATCH + sy-subrc handling 🙂 It will say you if you have write access to specified directory.

-- Tomas --
2 REPLIES 2

kiran_k8
Active Contributor

Madhuri,

Did you checked the below mentioned FMs ?

EPS_GET_DIRECTORY_LISTING

AUTHORITY_CHECK_DATASET

K.Kiran.

Tomas_Buryanek
Active Contributor

I think easiest way would be to try OPEN DATASET FOR OUTPUT and try TRANSFER some dummy character/s into new file (which you can later delete).

Don't forget TRY. CATCH + sy-subrc handling 🙂 It will say you if you have write access to specified directory.

-- Tomas --