Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

After upgrading to ehp7 reuse_alv_grid_display is giving dump if more than 99 editable fields in a column

Former Member
0 Kudos

After upgrading to ehp7 reuse_alv_grid_diplay is giving dump when refreshing the table with the below code in user_command if more than 99 editable fields in a column.

if ref_grid is not initial.

call_function 'GET_GLOBAL_FROM_SLVC_FULLSCR'

importing

e_grid = ref_grid.

endif.

if not ref_grid is initial.

call method ref_grid->check_changed_data.

endif.

Dump is attached in the screen shot.

Note that when updating less than 100 fields in the alv code works fine.

Help will be appreciated.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Sandra_Rossi
Active Contributor

Please don't let the important information in the screen captures only, this will allow more people to answer immediately, as you have made a wrong interpretation.

Your short dump shows that there's a type mismatch, it's not related to 99 fields at all !

Moreover, it seems you have done an enhancement to CL_GUI_ALV_GRID_BASE, as the concerned code is not in the standard (in my 7.31 system):

loop at <CELLTABLE> assigning <wa2>.

It won't dump if you define <wa2> as type ANY. But it may require some other logic we cannot guess based on the so thin information you gave us.

6 REPLIES 6

Shubham1
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi

Please refer SAP note 303838 - 99 fields in ALV: Termination MOVE_TO_LIT_NOTALLOWED_NODATA.

You may need to consult a Basis consultant for this.

Regards

Shubham

Former Member
0 Kudos

The problem is When updating a single column upto 99 rows in the alv grid it works but if we update more than 99 rows it gives the dump as given above.

Sandra_Rossi
Active Contributor

Please don't let the important information in the screen captures only, this will allow more people to answer immediately, as you have made a wrong interpretation.

Your short dump shows that there's a type mismatch, it's not related to 99 fields at all !

Moreover, it seems you have done an enhancement to CL_GUI_ALV_GRID_BASE, as the concerned code is not in the standard (in my 7.31 system):

loop at <CELLTABLE> assigning <wa2>.

It won't dump if you define <wa2> as type ANY. But it may require some other logic we cannot guess based on the so thin information you gave us.

0 Kudos

After Debugging below code found that instead of going inside the method check_changed_data, Sequence control of program going to method if_system_uuid_static~create_uuid_x16 and giving dump,

if not ref_grid is initial.

call method ref_grid->check_changed_data.

endif.

*After upgrade to ecc 6 ehp7 this problem came and now in many program getting the same problem even if I update more than 100 cells in module pool also.

Can you please tell me what input do you need from my side so that you can tell me the correct solution.

0 Kudos

Could you please explain how if_system_uuid_static~create_uuid_x16 is related to the runtime error? How is it related to the problem we are discussing?

Oh sorry, the code was so badly written (and not in my system) that I thought it was a custom enhancement!

Next time, you should search the SAP notes! Please refer to notes 2235834 SAPGUI ALV Grid: Grid dumps when huge data is edited only with non-unicode syst and 2155365 SAPGUI ALV Grid: Data in cells are truncated after modification (http://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/2155365 and http://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/2235834 )

0 Kudos

Hi Sandra,

Notes given by you has resolved the problem.

Thank You!!!

Best Regards,

Abhinav Mishra