Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adding Selection Texts to the transport request

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

1) I want to transport only "text elements" ( SE38->Text Elements) of an ABAP program. I am unable find how can I include this in a transport number. ( The other objects went safely to my quality system except this selection texts.)

Thanks for your time.

Regards,

Kiran

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi hari,

Text elements are attached to you program. In case the program is already transported, and you need to transport changed text elements only, while changing the text element, system will ask for transport request. if you save elements in the request, it will have your text elements only.

The other way to do that is to create a workbench request in se10 and then add the object mannually in that request. Program ID will be "LIMU" and Object type "REPT"

and put your report name in object name field. Save the request and transport line any other workbench request.

Regards,

gagan

9 REPLIES 9

RichHeilman
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

Click Go-To ---> Text Elements --> Selection Text. Make a change to it so that the system recogizes a change and kicks off a transport request. Click activate, you should get a popup for transport request.

Regards,

Rich Heilman

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi hari,

Text elements are attached to you program. In case the program is already transported, and you need to transport changed text elements only, while changing the text element, system will ask for transport request. if you save elements in the request, it will have your text elements only.

The other way to do that is to create a workbench request in se10 and then add the object mannually in that request. Program ID will be "LIMU" and Object type "REPT"

and put your report name in object name field. Save the request and transport line any other workbench request.

Regards,

gagan

0 Kudos

Rich Heilman,

Unfortunately it did not ask me any request number.

My previous 1st transport failed in quality system and I created another request which went success to Quality system. As I thought I included all objects in the second request I directly used to transport to production. Transport was success but is is lack of texts ans selection screen texts.

Today is not very good day so far..

Gagan,

Thanks for the info. I had added manually "Report Texts". I hope this includes both "Text Symbos" and "Selection Texts".

Do you see any problem here by adding manually?

Message was edited by: Hari Kiran

0 Kudos

There should be no problem by adding manually, the thing is, if it didn't ask you for a transport request when you changes the selection text of your program, that means that you already have this object on a transport request? I would check your transports!!

Regards,

Rich Heilman

0 Kudos

If you are in doubt, you can always create a manual transport, and add the entry R3TR PROG ZPROGRAM to the transport. This will move both the program and the texts(selection texts, text elements and headings).

I have done that a couple of times and never had any problem.

Srinivas

0 Kudos

Hi,

You need to change some text for system to ask for transport request. Just going into change mode and saving may not work. Just add a space in text and delete it again and then try saving.

Anyway, manually adding the object in trasport request will be fine.

Regards,

Gagan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Srinivas, Gagan and Rich heilman..

Rich heilman,

It did not ask me any request and also I do not see it get involved in any other request. So I am here..

Anyways, I added manually as per gagan advice. I hope all should be fine just before weekend..

0 Kudos

Just to update. All went fine.

davestevenson01
Explorer
0 Kudos

I had the same issue, I was changing the text and it wouldn't prompt for a transport... just check that you hadn't done like me and accidentally save the texts already to the wrong transport... Mine were saving ok, but not to the right transport.