Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adding Search Help to Standard Fields

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have a requirement to attach search help to a field telephone(TELF0) of transaction ME47.  Can anyone tell me how to do the same? I have searched SDN for this topic already. The solution that I found was that we need to do that via Field Exit. We need to create a field exit and then call our search help from within this Function Module.

So accordingly I created a field exit and called the FM F4IF_INT_TABLE_VALUE_REQUEST to try to get the value from internal table. I also tried to create a search help in SE11 and then attach via FM F4IF_FIELD_VALUE_REQUEST

Now the problem is that we can not call screen in a field exit. But both these FM's have call screen statement. So I am getting a dump "CALL SCREEN" not allowed. So how do I attach a help to this standard field.?

3 REPLIES 3

Former Member
0 Kudos

Have a look at program RSMODPRF and it's documentation.

(Moved to the Data Dictionary Space.)

Rob

Message was edited by: Rob Burbank

0 Kudos

I have read the documentation thrice over. There is absolutely nothing that is even remotely connected to the problem that I am facing.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

to add a Custom Search Help in Sap Standard Program

Steps.

1. You will need the Access Key to Add Search Help for the SAP Program have that Screen.

this Key will be provided by Basis Team.

2. Find / Create a New Search Help for the Program

3. In the Properties of tat Field Put the name of the Search Field.