Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Add text to SAP standard field element F1 documentation

Fravie
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello,

is it possible to enhance the text of a standard SAP F1 field element documentation without modification? If i modify, future changes of SAP will be lost and not incorporated into the documentation.

Thanks in advance!

Regards,

Frank

4 REPLIES 4

RichHeilman
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

In SE11, enter the data element in question, click display. There are two buttons on the toolbar. Documentation and Supplimentary Documentation. You may want to play around with those.

Regards,

Rich Heilman

0 Kudos

Hello Rich,

thanks for your reply. The documentation button leads to the SAP standard documentation. If I try to change that a name for a modification is necessary.

The supplementary documentation is bound to a specific screen. I need to add customer documentation that is always shown, regardless from what screen it was called from.

Regards,

Frank

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Frank,

From what I understand, you want a different documentation for the same field in different programs, according to the context.

this is of course possible without a modification. In your program, you need to have a POV event for that field, where you call your own documentation for that object when the F1 button is hit from within that field.

For selection-screens, you need to use the

AT SELECTION-SCREEN ON HELP-REQUEST FOR <fieldname>.

and in case of a normal screen, you need to write a MODULE under PROCESS ON HELP-REQUEST of the flow logic.

Regards,

Anand Mandalika.

0 Kudos

Hello Anand,

thanks for your reply. I don't want different documentation for the same field.

I need to add documentation to a standard SAP field that is used by standard SAP applications. I want the actual SAP documentation to displayed with my additions. I can do this via a modification of the SAP documentation, but then new documentation delivered by SAP will be lost.

Regards,

Frank