Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Add custom fields to vendor master data.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi there.

I got this problem , need to add some custom fields to vendor master data, I tried to follow the instructions on the note 580266 but I'm finding some problems even 'cause I'm not that much into Badi programming.

This is what I did :

1- I created an append on the LFA1 table with my custom fields.

2- in the customizing I created the subscreen group 'Z1' with the label tab number 65 with the function code 'ZUD'

3- I created the 3 Badi as requested , and I noted that they are 'empty'..

what I must do now ??

6 REPLIES 6

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Before Implementing the BADI in SE19, you have to make sure that the BADI definition is active with the subscreen's & the Interfaces. Once that is confirmed you can go ahead and create the append/ci include for the additional fields in LFA1 table. Create the Subscreen as per the requirement.

Implement the BADI in SE19, in the Interface tab you find the 'Methods' available, by double clicking the method you will be able to open the editor screen where you need to write the logic, and in the Subscreen tab you need to give the name of the subscreen with the screen number. Please try this out, hope this explanation helps.

Rgds,

Former Member
0 Kudos

thank you 2 questions

- I hope I did not misunderstood but: I must create the subscreen info from the BAdi ? .. how can I do this?

- my fields are only text i must Implement something even if they that does not need to be controlled ?

Message was edited by: Pino Fama

Message was edited by: Pino Fama

0 Kudos

Hi Pino,

In the screen tab of BADI, the details of the called program, main screen and the name of the subscreen area ( For ex.ss1 ) will be available, you have to create the subscreen with the name ss1 ( In the attributes of the subscreen, give the name as ss1 ), once you activate the subscreen with the requirement, come back to the BADI implementation and give the name of the subscreen program name & the screen number. Hope this clarifies your question.

Rgds,

0 Kudos

Done !! thanks !!

0 Kudos

Hi,

If your query got resolved, please close the thread with reward points.

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hai :

I would like to create a custom field in vendor master, is there a good documentation with step by step procedure.

thx.

Sanjeev