Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Actual Costs and Plan Costs

0 Kudos

Hello SAP Folks:

I am trying to build a custom cost center report and need to show two columns Actual Costs & Planned Costs.

Here's where my problem is:

1) I Know Actual Costs and Planned Costs depend on Value Type and Versions  The ABAP field for Value Type is WRTTP and Versions is VERSN

2) I am pulling this data from  TABLE COEP- Cost Line Items Table using the field OBJNR

3) Is this assumption that i am making correct

Actuals             Version (COEP-VERSN) = 0 Value Type (COEP-WRTTP) = 4

Plan Cost          Version (COEP-VERSN) = 0 Value Type (COEP-WRTTP) = 1

It's getting the combination of value type and Version is where my confusion lies. And here's why:

The business loads plan or budget using KP06 (for cost CenterS) and plan is being used as version 0

However, based on a lot of incorrect information on the web, I also read somewhere that Plan is Version 0 and Actuals is Version 4.

Is it the Value type that's dictating the Actuals and Version always remains 0

Or is the Version Number change itself that's causing the designation of  Plans and Actuals.

Please help as I need to learn the concepts and obviously the right way.

Thanks, Chris Gayle

2 REPLIES 2

raymond_giuseppi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

- COEP does not has every data you required, better use COSS and COSP tables.

- For VERSN version, look at your local Cusomizing /AND/ ask functional

- The CO postings are categorized in R/3 mainly through the fields WRTTP (value type), VRGNG or VORGA (transaction), and BELTP (debit type). You could look at table COSP_VTYPE, which is used by BW extractors, look for records where VTYPE_BIW is 10 Actual or 20 Plan. /OR/ ask functional.

Regards,

Raymond

kesavadas_thekkillath
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

We have fetched the actuals in this manner

Select from cosp passing objnr where wrttp = 04 & versn = 000, then pass the objnr again to RPSCO where wrttp = 04. Later several manipulations were done.

For plan Cost

COSP & COSS passing the objnr