Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Activate Background Job

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I have a requirment for that i need to activate background job. But i don't know how to activate background job?

Any inputs regarding this issue ?

Regards

Krishna

9 REPLIES 9

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

if u want to activate the background job means schedule the job in back groung using the SM36,and give the time ,and the date in that that job will be activated,u can view the job in SM37.

Regards,

Madhu

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

Usually the back ground jobs wil be created in SM36 tcode. You can assign the start conditions over there. Use the immediate button so that it will be activated.

Regards,

Venkatesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can go to SM36 and schedule a back ground job.

Regards Madhu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check the link.

abdul_hakim
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

After creating your job(scheduling),go to transaction SM37.Select the job and press the Release Button.

Also Please Check

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_47x200/helpdata/en/ef/2c513897110872e10000009b38f889/frameset.htm

Regards,

Hakim

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Murali,

u can do it in two ways......

1- tcode is SM36.

The steps are as given below.

1. Give a job name

2. Click on 'Step'. select the desired radio button. like 'ABAP Program'. Give the name of the ABAP program and the variant.

Click on 'Save'.

3. Now click on the 'Start Condition' and select the start time. like 'Immediate'. now 'Save'.

4. Now you will get the first screen. Press 'Save' again.

Now the job is scheduled.

2- tcode SE38

go to SE38 -> give program name -> excute ->give input values -> goto PROGRAM---> EXECUTE IN BACK GROUND.... give output device -> press continue -> press immediate and SAVE.

tell me if any issues.....

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Thanks for ur quick replies.I know how to shedule the background job.

I want to debugg that background job for that we have 2 ways. i want the 2nd way for debugging the background job. so for this i need to activate the background job.How to activate background job?

I f any one have inputs plz provde .

regards

karishna

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Goto se38 and excute program - go to program menu - Select Excute in background mode.

Go Sm37 and monitor that background job.

Regards

Md.MahaboobKhan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

first activating the program ,then debugg the program dependence on problem ,then schedule the program in back ground for particulat date and time using sm36 arepresent using f9,u r asking about debugging the back ground job ,what is the purpose....

Regards,

madhu