Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ABOUT SAP CONSOLE

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

what is sap console ?

from the abap pointview is there any coding difference.

thanks,

jigar

4 REPLIES 4

ferry_lianto
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

SAPConsole shipped with the 46B / 46C SAPGui installation CD, and it is used to translate GUI Screens to Character Based Screens which are commonly used with the handheld Radio Frequency devices used in modern warehouses. The idea behind SAPConsole was to enable SAP Customers to utilize the Standard SAP Radio Frequency transactions that became available with SAP R/3 46B, but SAPConsole is backwards compatible as far back as SAP R/3 31H, and so many companies are creating there own transactions and implementing the functionality that they want, even in earlier releases.

SapConsole is a standard SAP tool which was offered as of 46B (but is backwards compatible to earlier releases) which translates GUI screens into the Character based screens that are used with most handheld Radio Frequency

devices used in Warehouses.

Beginning in 46B, SAP provided standard transactions which could be used in Warehouse Management,specifically designed to be used with Radio Frequency devices. As far as I know the only one that touches IM, allows a Goods

Reciept based on an Inbound Delivery number. To my knowledge, the Inbound Delivery process is not being used very widely.

It is possible to design own transactions or to hire a systems integrator that has already designed them, which will allow wireless processing of IM Movements. This would be outside of the current SAP standard.

For more information, please check the links.

http://www.erpgenie.com/sap/sapfunc/rf.htm

/people/vijaya.kumari2/blog/2006/01/27/the-move-from-sapconsole-to-mi

Regards,

Ferry Lianto

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for your quick reply.

i saw requirement of abap programmer with sap console experience ...

so i just want to know from abap point view coding is same or is their any diffrence.

Thanks,

Jigar

ferry_lianto
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

From ABAP coding point of view, there is no difference.

It is same like you are creating dialog programming screen or building BDC programming.

Regards,

Ferry Lianto

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanks again.

If any one have any sample example of abap coding then it will be great help.

Thnaks,

jigar