Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

About RFC Destination creation in SM59 ? Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dears,

I met a problem when creating a RFC Destination in SM59.

After I appointed the Target Host (Which is ECC5.0), set Connection Type as "R/3 Connection", when testing the connection, Error Message: "ERROR: partner not reached (host *...**, service <b>sapgw01</b>)".

I checked the server status of the Target Host, by SM51, "service: <b>sapdp01</b>".

I'm wondering, whether the service difference is the cause of Error. How to solve the problem?

Thanks to any suggestion.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

to be sure, have u given the target host and system number, logon parameterss correctly ?

coz i never had such a problem. please let us know.

7 REPLIES 7

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

to be sure, have u given the target host and system number, logon parameterss correctly ?

coz i never had such a problem. please let us know.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

1st plz check for physical connection.

Then in SM59 give correct server name..U can get server name from GUI window(Frontend). select the destination system in GUI and goto properties...copy the server name and paste it in SM59.

u have to give correct USername and passwrd in SM59.

Plz mark useful answers.

Regards

Divakar

0 Kudos

Hi,

Some more to add.. in Logon pad select destination system and click SERVER button to knoe server name.

It will be something like.. dapo100.urcompname.com

Regards

Divakar

0 Kudos

Thanks.

Yes, I think I have the right Target Host input, like using an IP Address "10.1.1.***", SystemNumber "01".

The "Gateway Host" and "Gateway Service" fields are left blank. I'm NOT sure, does this affects?

0 Kudos

Still NOT solved.

Waiting for your kindly suggestion.

0 Kudos

Maybe it will be solved unconsciously. Thanks all

Former Member
0 Kudos

The strange problem hasn't been solved. And I won't wait any longer for it.