Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

about input field...

Former Member
0 Kudos

gud day guys..!

How can I get the value of input field without pressing the 'ENTER' key in dialog programming?

thanx in advance...

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

I don't think it is possible to get the value without pressing enter in the dialog programming.

7 REPLIES 7

Former Member
0 Kudos

I don't think it is possible to get the value without pressing enter in the dialog programming.

0 Kudos

To get the value of an input field, you will have to trigger PAI which is possible only when there is any action on screen, for eg pressing any button. If you do not trigger PAI, you will not be able to retrieve the input field value.

0 Kudos

If you don't click anything, what is the use of getting value? if you are looking for F4 help of some other field based on the given field value, that is possible. Let me know if thats what you are looking. I can provide logic for that. If not, let us know what is the functionality you are looking for.

Hari

0 Kudos

thanks hari...

That is exactly what i need to do. To get the proper value of 'F4 help' of other input field based on the first input field without pressing 'ENTER' key...

The value of 'F4 help' of my second input field should depend on the first input field value. I'm getting the correct value of 'F4 help' when I press 'ENTER' key but when i'm not, it displays incorrect value..

thanks again...

0 Kudos

You can read the other field value without pressing enter by using 'DYNP_VALUES_READ'

see below link with examples

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_bw30b/helpdata/en/9f/dbaac935c111d1829f0000e829fbfe/content.htm

http://www.members.tripod.com/abap4/How_to_Create_Popup_Help.html

Former Member
0 Kudos

Case Sy-ucomm.

when ' '.

text1 = 'test'.

endcase.

Former Member
0 Kudos

THANK YOU VERY MUCH Nekenti Vera Venkata Satyanarayana...

The first link you gave me solved my problem... godbless..

thanks also for those who spent time answering my question...