Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ABAP WEB DYNPRO -QUERY

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI EXPERTS,

BELOW IS THE CODE WRITTEN TO MOVE THE VALUES FROM ONE INTERNAL TABLE TO ANOTHER. BUT WHEN I MOVE, THE VALUE IN THE SECOND LOOP GETS APPENDS IN THE 2 ND ROW. CAN YOU PLEASE HELP ME TO STORE THE VALUES IN THE SAME ROW. BOTH THE TABLES DONT HAVE ANY FIELDS IN COMMON.

THAT IS THE LS_INPUT HAS A AND B FIELDS, LT_PHASE HAS C AND D FIELDS. WANT THE VALUES OF ALL THE FIELDS IN THE SAME ROW IF LT_PROPOSAL. PLEASE HELP OUT

loop at ls_input into wa_input.

clear wa_input_pro.

move-corresponding wa_input to wa_input_pro.

append wa_input_pro to lt_proposal.

endloop.

loop at lt_phase into wa_phase.

clear wa_phase_pro.

move-corresponding wa_phase to wa_phase_pro.

append wa_phase_pro to lt_proposal.

endloop.

3 REPLIES 3

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vadiv,

I think you need to use KEY FIELD reference.

Cheers,

Kris.

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

Well right now you are doing an append so of course you are getting double the number of rows. Are the number of rows in ls_input always the same as the number of rows in lt_phase ? If so as you loop through lt_phase, instead of appending a record to lt_proposal use a read with index. Give the command the same index as the current record in the loop of lt_phase. That way you will be reading the corresponding record to the same position in ls_input. Without keys in common, the record position in the table is about the only way to match up any data.

That said, this isn't a Web Dynpro ABAP specific question. Please only post questions in this forum directly related to aspects of Web Dynpro ABAP. I am moving this question to the ABAP General Forum.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

As mentioned..

BOTH THE TABLES DONT HAVE ANY FIELDS IN COMMON

In the 2nd loop instead of using append use Modify statement and check in debug mode.

Try it once.

Thanks

Arbind