Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ABAP source code is written "by hand" or automatically?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I would like to modify the report "Open Items - Vendor Due Date Forecast" created by T. S_ALR_87012084.

With SE93 i found the name of the program RFKOFW00, which are referring to the T. S_ALR_87012084. T. S_ALR_87012084. (Parameter: D_SREPOVARI-REPORT = RFKOFW00) and with SE38 i have seen the ABAP source code of the program RFKOFW00.

My questions are:

1) The ABAP source code of the program RFKOFW00 is written "by hand", or automatically by one of the SAP tools, for example Report Painter/Writer, SAP queryu2026..? It seems to me that it is written "by hand". Is this true?

2) In general, how can i tell if a SAP ABAP program is written "by hand" or automatically by one of SAP tools? I know that one way to understand is that source code, written by hand is more clear.

Is there a way to understand, more accurate, more secure?

Thanks in advance

Serena

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

0 Kudos

Hi ,

if the code is automatically created, there will be a comment line in the beginning of the code which says

• Generated function module for ..........

• Please do not modify or copy this function module

Regards

1 REPLY 1

0 Kudos

Hi ,

if the code is automatically created, there will be a comment line in the beginning of the code which says

• Generated function module for ..........

• Please do not modify or copy this function module

Regards