Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ABAP Objects and Workflow

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can anyone tell me if it is possible to use objects created in ABAP within a workflow without creating an object in the BOR ?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

It's surely not possible in 4.6C .

Regarding 4.7 also , I am not sure if it is possible using Object Category....

It does not seem to possible on miniSAP..

Ok i think it's supported in 4.7.

You can check the object category field ( e.g in transaction PFTC ), you can specify the category of the object type used. Currently only object types from the Business Object Repository and from ABAP classes are supported.

Cheers,

Ram

Message was edited by: Ram Manohar Tiwari

3 REPLIES 3

Former Member
0 Kudos

It's surely not possible in 4.6C .

Regarding 4.7 also , I am not sure if it is possible using Object Category....

It does not seem to possible on miniSAP..

Ok i think it's supported in 4.7.

You can check the object category field ( e.g in transaction PFTC ), you can specify the category of the object type used. Currently only object types from the Business Object Repository and from ABAP classes are supported.

Cheers,

Ram

Message was edited by: Ram Manohar Tiwari

0 Kudos

We are running on 4.7 Enterprise. When I use PFTC to creat a task. The only thing that shows in the dropdown box for Object Category is BOR Object Type. Is there a gloabl setting that needs to be changed in order for me to see the ABAP classes selection ?

0 Kudos

Hi Rick

I am afraid there is no option of using OO classes directly as a replacament of Object Type from BOR. Still you have to define Object type in SWO1 which certainly can call methods of an OO class.