Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ABAP Doc not available for constructor (Eclipse)

szelbi
Participant

Hello,

In cases when I am using the ABAP Doc for all of the class methods, it works fine. But when I assign ABAP Doc to the class constructor, it does not display in Eclipse.

When I click F2 on the constructor itself, I get the "Code information is not available" error. On the class itself, it shows only the ABAP Doc created for the whole class, without the information about the constructor.

The code of ABAP Doc used:

"! <p class="shorttext synchronized" lang="en">Constructor creating the Excel file</p>
"!
"! @parameter is_head_data | Header data.
"! @parameter is_positions_mesh | Position data mesh.
"! @parameter iv_sysid | External system name.
"!
"! @raising zcx_excel | Error creating the Excel file.

After exporting the ABAP Doc to HTML, the documentation for the constructor shows properly. Also, the synchronized description is displayed in the SAP GUI as expected.

What's the problem? Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

ThFiedler
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello Norbert,

on newer releases everything works as expected. I tested in on S/4HANA 2020 release.

We are checking if we can provide this also on the ERP releases.

A ticket would help here 😉

Regards,

Thomas.

5 REPLIES 5

Sandra_Rossi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You'd better see with SAP (notes, SAP support, Thomas Fiedler, etc.) and provide Eclipse version, ABAP version, etc.

szelbi
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Sandra,

I have tested the issue using Eclipse 03-2021 and Eclipse 12-2021 and unfortunately, it is the case on both versions.

As far as I know, the ABAP version is 7.50.

ThFiedler
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Have you checked what happens when you trigger F2 on a new or create object statement of that class

Regards, Thom

0 Kudos

Hello Thomas,

When I mark the class name which occurs after the "NEW" statement, it shows the description, not the constructor one but for the whole class. As far as I see, the same thing happens with the "CREATE OBJECT" statement.

The object which is created using those statements and assigned to some variable does not show any description at all until you click on the type of that variable. Then we come back to the description described before.

Regards.

ThFiedler
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello Norbert,

on newer releases everything works as expected. I tested in on S/4HANA 2020 release.

We are checking if we can provide this also on the ERP releases.

A ticket would help here 😉

Regards,

Thomas.