Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ABAP 7.51 Trial : Import transport problems

martin_bschen
Explorer
0 Kudos

I installed the ABAP 7.51 Trial as described here:

https://blogs.sap.com/2017/09/04/sap-as-abap-7.51-sp2-developer-edition-to-download-concise-installa...

I face problems when I try to transport soemthing into my system. I get the following error when trying to open import queue for NPL:

What can i do?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

fabianlupa
Contributor

Haven't tried STMS on 751 SP2 yet. On 750 SP2 there was a similar problem that could be solved by resetting the whole transport system configuration (as it was delivered in an inconsistent state). "STMS -> Extras -> Delete TMS configuration" might have been it. You need to be logged on in client 000.

However, I just opened STMS import queue on 751 SP2 and to me this looks fine? Or do you get the error at a later point or in client 001?

Edit: transdir not set sounds like a missing profile parameter in RZ10 by the way. Maybe look in there.

6 REPLIES 6

fabianlupa
Contributor

Haven't tried STMS on 751 SP2 yet. On 750 SP2 there was a similar problem that could be solved by resetting the whole transport system configuration (as it was delivered in an inconsistent state). "STMS -> Extras -> Delete TMS configuration" might have been it. You need to be logged on in client 000.

However, I just opened STMS import queue on 751 SP2 and to me this looks fine? Or do you get the error at a later point or in client 001?

Edit: transdir not set sounds like a missing profile parameter in RZ10 by the way. Maybe look in there.

0 Kudos

Thank you, that solved my problem.

The problem occured, when I tried to add my own request on client 001.

nomssi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I can confirm Fabian's solution:

login as user DDIC in client 000 and in transaction STMS, start Extras -> Delete TMS configuration.

A new configuration will be generated.

julieplummer20
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Martin,

Transporting for CAL (ie hosted) systems is described here:

Getting Started: SAP AS ABAP 750 SP02 on ASE 16

This is for CAL, not download, and for 750. However, the principles should be the same.

I will test it, then incorporate it into an appropriate blog for download. ( also saw your other post - re SAP GUI configuration. I'll incorporate that too.)

Best wishes Julie.

julieplummer20
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert

Hi Akshath LT, This is a completely different issue. Could you please raise it as a new question, using the hashtag #ABAP_Trial?(We need to be strict about this to improve searchability later on.)

Also, please attach the sapinst.txt and sapinst-dev.txt files.
Thanks Julie.

julieplummer20
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Akshath,

Please ask the question here:

Ask a question .

Please include sapinst.txt and sapinst-dev.txt files. If you use the hashtag #ABAP_Trial, and my name julie.plummer , then I will monitor this.