Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A4 size in US and in London in perspective of SAP Script printing??

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

Am working on SAP Scripts here in US and printing them on A4 size paper, from a SAP Printer, fine, i can see all the texts.

But when the UK-London guys is printing the same scripts on their A4 size paper of a SAP Printer......they are making the remark that, they culd not see any texts????????

So, let me know that,

Is US A4 paper size is diffreent from London A4 size?

If so, Is the SAP printers can do manage them selves and gives the correct output? or the paper sizes makes mess?

thanq

Edited by: SAP ABAPer on Dec 1, 2008 11:39 PM

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

how is it defined in your script? I suspect US is using LETTER instead of A4

7 REPLIES 7

Former Member
0 Kudos

how is it defined in your script? I suspect US is using LETTER instead of A4

0 Kudos

sorry for not mentioning in my post........i defined it as DINA4, in basic settings.

Edited by: SAP ABAPer on Dec 2, 2008 12:25 AM

0 Kudos

how does it look on the screen?

0 Kudos

thanq

on the screen, am able to see the footer text, at the bottom, which is good.

but, when i took the print out of the same, there is no foote text at the bottom!! here in US.

So, if the london A4 paper length is highrer than US A4, then, i guees, footer text wuld b come/print at the bottom.

actually, my question:

my senior said that, London A4 is more in lenght than US A4

suppose, in US: the logo is 5 MM below from the upper margin on the hard copy.............so, in london: is it wuld be the same that, the logo is 5 MM below from the upper margin on the hard copy??

(my senior said that, London A4 is more in lenght than US A4)

thanq

0 Kudos

Ask your London users that are they are able to see print-preview fine?if yes than defiantly there is size difference of A4.

0 Kudos

A4 is standard worldwide, thats why I asked you which paper size is used in US. in US we normally use LETTER which is slightly differeent than A4

A4 is 210 × 297 mm

LETTER is 216 × 279 mm, so it is slightly smaller in length than A4

0 Kudos

thanq

ur right that, even though the script is set for DINA4, bit the feeding paper is LETTER here in US!! i did not noticed!!

thanq