Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

a question about write input on?

Former Member
0 Kudos

i use input on in a report list.

how can i carry out this.

in one line ,there is a checkbox and a text can input on.

and now ,if the checkbox is 'X',the text can not input.

what can i do

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

former_member223537
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

In case of report program...in the output if you are displaying Check boxes along with output data. Then when a User clicks on a check box, no event is triggered.

What you need to do is ... let the user select the checkboxes and then clicks on a button ( say submit or refresh -- declare this button using pf-status), then read the entire screen to check which records are selected under the OK code of the button ( submit or refresh ).

Best regards,

Prashant

4 REPLIES 4

Former Member
0 Kudos

<b>... INPUT [ON] or ... INPUT OFF</b>

<b>Effect</b>

Determines whether the user can enter data. You can change the contents of list lines output with the format ... INPUT on the screen. You can also print out the change or process it further by using READ LINE in interactive events.

... INPUT OFF reverses the ready for input status.

<b>Note</b>

Every time a new event ( START-OF-SELECTION, TOP-OF-PAGE, ...) is started, the system switches off ... INPUT.

The additions ... COLOR, ... INVERSE and ... HOTSPOT have no effect on input fields.

The addition ... INTENSIFIED affects the background color (color palette "input field" or "output field intensified").

The attribute ... INPUT causes lines to be displayed character-by-character and ready for input (| or -).

Blank lines are displayed only if you have specified BLANK LINES ON beforehand. To make blank INPUT fields visible on blank lines, you can use the SET BLANK LINES statement.

Former Member
0 Kudos

'AT SELECTION-SCREEN OUTPUT' event u can check the value of the checkbox according that value you can set the value of that text whether input on or of...

Otherwise you can use loop at screen in the above event.You can refer to the following code.

LOOP AT SCREEN.

IF p_sess = 'X'.

IF screen-group1 = 'CTU'.

screen-input = 0.

ENDIF.

ELSE.

IF screen-group1 = 'CTU.

screen-input = 1.

ENDIF.

ENDIF.

MODIFY SCREEN.

ENDLOOP.

Former Member
0 Kudos

thank you all,but what i wanna to know is not these,i want to know,in the <b>report</b>,

the list is layout by write statement,and there is a checkbox in the list,

which is also printed by write statement,when i click the checkbox,are there any events

carried out?and how can i get them?

regards

thank you

former_member223537
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

In case of report program...in the output if you are displaying Check boxes along with output data. Then when a User clicks on a check box, no event is triggered.

What you need to do is ... let the user select the checkboxes and then clicks on a button ( say submit or refresh -- declare this button using pf-status), then read the entire screen to check which records are selected under the OK code of the button ( submit or refresh ).

Best regards,

Prashant