cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ian_Thain
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

Last week at Mobile World Congress 2012, was a very interesting time in Barcelona, Spain. I was lucky enough to meet and interview many of the Mobile Movers and Makers in the SAP community (see the list below).

During the week I gathered the trends and futures on Mobility, Tablets, Messaging, mCommerce, Device Management & Security, Mobile Application Development and lots more from...

Oliver Bussmann – CIO SAP
BC Cho – Head of Global Enterprise Business Team, Mobile Communications – Samsung Electronics
Nick Brown, SVP, Solution Management, SAP
Jose Antonio Perea Yustres, Head of Innovation and Mobility, Instituto Nacional de Estadística (INE)
Chris McClain, Executive Vice President, Global Mobile Sales & Solutions, SAP
Dr. Josep M. Picas, CIO, Hospital de St. Pau Barcelona
Raj Nathan, EVP and CMO, Sybase, an SAP company
Willie Jow, Global Vice President, Managed Mobility, SAP
Haridas Nair, Vice President, Product Management, Mobile Commerce, Sybase 365
James Naftel, Senior Product Manager, SAP
Bryan Whitmarsh, Senior Product Manager, SAP
David Brutman, Senior Director, Developer Marketing, SAP
Howard Stevens, Senior Vice President, Global Messaging Solutions, Sybase 365
Matthew Talbot, Senior Vice President, Mobile Commerce, Sybase 365
Sanjay Poonen, President and Corporate Officer, SAP Global Solutions and Go-to-Market
Jason Yotopoulos, Head of Research, SAP
John Sims, President, Sybase 365
William Dudley, Group Director, Product Management, Operator Services, Sybase 365
Hari Subramanyam, Global Rollout Manager, RDS Mobile Solutions Assembly & Packaging, SAP

I will post a link to each interview.

A general observation was that to me it seemed that everyone had an iPad and were using it in every way imaginable. Gone are the days of Tablet devices being mere 'Executive Jewelry'